Joining Tau Beta Pi
You will have to fill out your information on the official Tau Beta Pi website, and you will receive an email regarding this action.
Shine your bents and start getting signatures!
To search for Tau Beta Pi members/professors, look at this website.
Here is a list of University Staff members/professors who are Tau Beta Pi members: TBP Engineering Faculty
If you need a bent, contact the initiation chair.
Statement of Character Information:
Also, you must write and submit a statement of character. This will be a short essay (300-400 words) about why you meet the criteria to become a Tau Bate: review the powerpoint attached or visit our website. This must include one picture as well. (The picture is under your discretion, can be of yourself, somewhere you have volunteered, something that means a lot to you, etc.)
1. Initiation Week: October 24th-28th
Dress in professional clothing and signing in every day at TBP table in RGAN (No Jeans)
2. One of the following
EF session: Team Chartering: October 30th at 2 pm
Wrap-up America–Date TBA
New Life Day Center Backpack Drive by initiation
3. Bent Polishing Party: Thursday, October 28, 5-6 pm
4. Statement of Character is due by initiation
5. Initiation: Wednesday, November 16th at 7 pm
6. Bent Shined & Signature Sheet are due November 16th at Initiation: 5 professors, 10 members, 10 initiates